Not every incident needs the involvement of a personal injury lawyer. Some minor issues can be settled pretty quickly and easily among adults. That said, there are a few situations where you absolutely need the representation of a skilled personal injury lawyer, like the experienced attorneys at The Lapidus Law Firm.
When You Need to Call a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one is ever involved in any of the following, call the personal injury lawyers at The Lapidus Law Firm as soon as you’re able.
It should be noted that your priority is obviously your health, safety, and well-being. Before you contact us, be sure to seek medical attention for your injuries–even if you don’t believe they’re serious. Only a medical professional can know for certain; plus, having a doctor’s diagnosis can only help your case.
- Car accident: Auto accident injuries are some of the most common claims we see, and we have decades of experience handling car accident claims. One reason why you must contact a personal injury lawyer for a car accident? Insurance companies. You might think they have your best interests at heart. Unfortunately, that’s usually not the case – especially when the insurance company involved is the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies are in business to make money, not lose it. They don’t want to pay you what you might rightfully be entitled to–that’s why they’ll make lowball offers in hopes that you take it and move along. Our lawyers have the skill and expertise to negotiate for fair, reasonable settlements. An important piece of advice: Do NOT speak to or negotiate with insurance companies (yours or the other party’s) without consulting with a personal injury lawyer first. At The Lapidus Law Firm, we know exactly how insurance companies operate, and we know how to negotiate to get a fair and reasonable settlement. Plus, personal injury lawyers are intimately familiar with insurance laws, which vary by state, so you’ll want that expertise on your side as well.
- Bike accident: Bike accidents are similar to car accidents in that there are varying bicycle laws (often confusing) by state, so you should have someone representing you who knows bike laws inside and out. Bike accidents are also like auto accidents in a unique way–insurance companies. Serious injuries translate to significant medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. That makes it even more important to have a personal injury lawyer by your side after a bike accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
- .Medical malpractice: If you feel you or someone you love was the victim of medical malpractice, you must contact a personal injury lawyer. These cases are notoriously difficult since there are so many records, documents, and details regarding malpractice claims. Medical malpractice is not an area any victim should navigate without the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer. The Lapidus Law Firm has decades of experience handling the intricacies of medical malpractice law, and we know what qualifies as a solid claim.
- Pedestrian accident: Pedestrian accidents are similar to bike accidents, which are similar to car accidents. Again, you’re dealing with specific pedestrian laws that vary from state to state, so it’s essential to have a personal injury lawyer with extensive knowledge of those laws. And much like other types of accidents, insurance companies will be involved, making it a must to have a personal injury lawyer representing you. Especially because victims of pedestrian accidents tend to sustain injuries just as, if not more, serious as bicycle and car accidents.
- Dog bites/attacks: Dogs are fascinating creatures. Not many animals are intelligent enough to learn and remember behaviors taught by their owners–of course, we know dogs are. And while that can be fun and helpful in most cases, it can also lead to violent attacks if the wrong owner trains the dog. Dog bites can even happen randomly, which can be horrifying for the victim.
According to the CDC, nearly 5 million people are bitten by dogs each year, with almost a million of those requiring medical care. And it may seem simple enough to go after the owner and demand compensation–but it’s far from simple. You need a personal injury lawyer to handle any potential claims or litigation to increase your chances of getting a fair and reasonable settlement for your bog bite injuries.
What a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
Besides providing legal guidance and direction and being a knowledgeable source of information, your personal injury attorney at The Lapidus Law Firm will listen carefully, compassionately, and responsively to your situation and thoughtfully consider your case.
You also want a personal injury attorney who is a skilled investigator – who knows where to find details to help your case. Personal injury cases often require negotiations between the plaintiff (you) and the other party’s attorneys as well as insurance companies–that’s why you want your lawyer to be a highly skilled negotiator. Finally, should the claim find its way into court, you want an aggressive and confident litigator in your corner, fighting for you and for justice.