Advice from your DC Personal Injury Lawyer
February may be the month all about love, but one thing not so loveable this time of year is the cold, frigid weather that sometimes leads to terrible conditions for your daily commute to and from work, or for a weekend of errands and entertainment throughout the District. So what happens when the wintry weather brings your plans to a halt because you’ve been injured in a car accident? You call your DC Personal Injury Lawyer.
Avoiding a Winter Car Crash
Your car accident may seem as if it were inevitable, given the conditions on the road when the accident occurred. However, imagine if the driver responsible for your crash had done just a few things differently that day. Consider the circumstances:
- Was the other driver speeding?
- Was the other driver distracted?
- Were the roads icy?
- Were the other driver’s windows and mirrors fully cleared of snow and ice?
- Was the other driver following you too closely?
Alternatively, your DC Personal Injury Lawyer says to make sure you are following all the laws and taking extra precautions when you’re behind the wheel of your car. Here’s what you can do to stay safe and reduce your risk of causing a car accident during compromising winter weather.
- Clear all windows and mirrors of snow and ice. Also be sure to clear the snow from the top of your vehicle; that snow can slide off can cause big problems for the vehicle behind you.
- Use your headlights – especially when there is snow, sleet or rain.
- Do not speed.
- Take extra care when slowing down at stop signs. Begin slowing down earlier and press on the brake gently; a fast braking motion can send your vehicle sliding and careening out of control.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Leave plenty of space between you and the vehicles in front of you.
Injured in a Winter Weather Car Accident
It’s quite likely that you won’t be 100% prepared for the injuries you receive when another driver causes your car accident; no one gets in their car expecting to be injured. Not only will your injuries be unexpected, but the impacts of your injuries can be challenging to manage.
Medical bills can pile up quickly, and the phone calls from bill collectors can border on harassment. Add to that the phone calls from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, plus lost wages, stress, pain, and suffering, and an overall decline in your quality of life, and you may be overwhelmed with all the moving parts surrounding your car accident and injuries. That is – unless you reach out to your DC Personal Injury Lawyer at The Lapidus Law Firm.
DC Personal Injury Lawyer
You don’t have to handle your winter weather car accident by yourself. Your DC Personal Injury Lawyer at The Lapidus Law Firm will step in and manage everything related to your case, including fielding those calls from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. You will see an immediate decline in your stress levels, as your team of tenacious, dedicated DC Car Accident Lawyers keeps you informed through each step of the legal process.
Those mounting medical bills won’t be a worry any longer, because getting a fair and reasonable settlement is our #1 priority. Call us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation at (202) 785-5111. We can help!