What you may think is a small bump to the head in an accident should not be taken lightly. And if you think you or a loved one may have a TBI or if you have been diagnosed with a TBI, you need to get to the doctor immediately.
There is no one way, in particular, for a TBI to occur. It can happen in a bicycle accident, a pedestrian accident, a car accident, a truck accident, or in just about any other way you can imagine.
Because the term “Traumatic Brain Injury” sounds so severe, many people discount the fact that concussions fall under the definition of TBI. Concussions and the other traumatic brain injuries are all, in fact, very serious, linking Traumatic Brain Injuries to suicide.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injuries fall under two categories: Closed or Penetrating. From there, the diagnosis begins to determine the specific type of TBI and the proper treatment. Your doctor will first inquiry about the symptoms, which will determine if the TBI is mild, moderate or severe. The symptoms are wide ranging and can be physical, sensory or cognitive.
Mild TBI symptoms can include any one or combination of the following:
- Loss of Consciousness for a few seconds or minutes
- Disorientation, Confusion
- Trouble Sleeping
- Blurred Vision
- Light Sensitivity
- Mood Changes
Mild to moderate TBI symptoms can include any one or combination of the following:
- Slurred speech
- Headaches that don’t go away or gets worse
- Loss of consciousness for several minutes or longer
- Dilated pupils
- Extreme mood swings and agitation
How to Choose a DC Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
A person with a traumatic brain injury will need to obtain the services of a DC Personal Injury Lawyer. However, the injured should not choose just any DC personal injury lawyer. He or she will need to find a lawyer who:
- Has extensive experience in handling TBI cases.
- Has impressive reviews from previous clients.
- Has an excellent track record of obtaining fair and reasonable settlements for their clients.
- Has ample experience in litigation (most TBI cases get to this phase as the legal process unfolds).
- Treats clients with dignity and respect. You should feel comfortable and at ease when communicating with your lawyer.
DC Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury, you are not alone. The TBI lawyers at The Lapidus Law Firm know how Traumatic Brain Injuries can affect your life physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and financially.
Call today to get started, and your DC Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer at The Lapidus Law Firm will tell you whether you have a case. We’re here for you. Our number is (202) 785-5111.